Different Ways You Can Get a Green Permanent Residence Card

green card
source: unsplash.com

There are literally millions of people who apply for green card status in the US, the home of the free and the brave; there are many different ways you can apply for green card status and we take a look at some of these in this short article.

Green card status via family

If your partner is a US citizen, you can apply for a green card; unmarried children under 21 of a US parent can also apply, as can the parent of an over-21 US citizen. If you are an immediate relative of a US citizen, consult with the best Immigration law attorney in Las Vegas and they can prepare your application. You deserve a chance to prosper in a clean, healthy, and safe environment and the US immigration laws cover many scenarios, especially regarding family. A Google search will take you to a local law firm that represents green card applicants and with experts on your case, you have the best chance of a successful application, which presents a life-changing move.

Green card status as the fiancée of a US citizen

If you are engaged to be married to a US citizen, this should be enough to acquire green card status, and seeking out a top Vegas immigration attorney virtually assures success. Your partner would have to submit some documentation; this visa is a K-1 nonimmigrant. Talk to your partner and together, you can approach an immigration law firm and ask them to prepare the green card application on your behalf and with your partner’s help, you should be granted permanent residency. The engagement must be official and if you have a wedding date, so much the better.

Widow(er) of a US citizen

If you were married to a US citizen at the time of their passing, this is reason enough to expect to be granted a green card; seek out an established immigration law firm based in Vegas and they can walk you through the process. You might currently be unhappy with your life in your home country and were not aware that as a widow or widower of a US citizen, you can apply for a green card.

Victim of abuse

Whether your US spouse abuses you, or you are a child who is suffering abuse from your US parent, there is a category for you to receive permanent residency (green card) and an experienced immigration lawyer can help you with your application. There are laws in place to protect you if you are suffering domestic violence; a lawyer can very quickly apply a restriction order that stops your abuser from coming near you or even contacting you. The pressures of modern society result in more instances of domestic violence and if you are a victim of intimate partner abuse, there are legal steps that you can take.

Domestic violence prevention tactics often prevent violence and with this being a major public health problem, the government is doing what it can to prevent domestic violence and support abuse victims. Only you know the extent of the problem and research tells us that in the majority of situations, the violence persists, which is why you need to stand your ground and not put up with this kind of behavior. If you are an addict facing problems, there are resources to help you.

Green card through employment

This is a very popular way for an alien to apply for green card status, if, for example, you have a BA or equivalent degree or you are a qualified tradesman and have a sponsor who will employ you, you should be able to receive permanent residency status. If you have managerial or executive skills, with a sponsor for guaranteed employment, you should be able to obtain a green card. If you have skills and you can find an employer to sponsor you, there is a very good chance that your application will be successful. The only way to find out the requirements is to consult a leading immigration lawyer, one with a high success rate to maximize your chances of success.

Refugee status

If you are being persecuted in your home country and have fled and arrived in the US, make contact with an immigration attorney and prepare your asylum application to receive a green card. The US government fully understands the impact of living in an oppressive society and if you meet the criteria, you can take the first step to become a US citizen, where you can live safely and prosper in a very strong economy. Professional people from Iran and Iraq apply to relocate to the US, as they wish to live in a peaceful and stable country.

Victim of human trafficking

The victims of human trafficking can apply for green card status; if they were registered with asylum status within the time of 1 year. It can seem like a nightmare to arrive in a foreign country as the victim of human trafficking and US Immigration usually accepts the victims of these hideous crimes. Talk to a leading Las Vegas immigration law firm that can quickly determine your chances of obtaining a green card as a victim of human trafficking.

Diversity immigrant visa program

This is a lottery type when the Department of State accepts a limited number of people on a random selection basis; talk to a leading immigration lawyer, who can register your name in the system, and who knows? You might get lucky and be one of the lucky ones. You have absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain by registering your name with the Department of State’s diversity immigration visa program.

Extended Resident

If you have been a resident in the US since before January 1st 1972, you can apply for a green card; it is advisable to consult with an experienced immigration law attorney and let them process your application.

The United States of America was founded by immigrants and this is true democracy; we all know that America is a land of opportunity and making a life-changing move towards US citizenship can be possible with the help of a good immigration lawyer.